How would you like to stay informed with Council news and events?
Todays fire rating is Moderate
Current Fire Rating:Moderate
A fire advisory is in effect for the Rocky Mountain House Forest Area section of the Forest Protection Area due to dry fuels, expected warm temperatures, and increased wind speeds.
Under this advisory:
• Existing fire permits are cancelled; and
• No new fire permits will be issued until the advisory is lifted.
• Any burning, other than a campfire, is prohibited
• Safe wood campfires *
• Backyard fire pits
• Portable propane fire pits
• Gas or propane stoves and barbecues
• Catalytic or infrared-style heaters
*Safe wood campfires - should be within a metal, brick, or rock fire ring. They are required to:
a) be on rock, gravel, sand, or another non-combustible surface that extends at least one metre around the fire;
b) have a responsible person in attendance to keep fire under control at all times and extinguish before leaving;
c) have on hand enough water on site to extinguish the fire. Safe wood campfires on private lands include private land campgrounds and private land recreation areas; and
d) Municipalities, parks and protected areas may have additional fire safety requirements.
Remember to never leave a campfire unattended. Soak it, stir it and soak it again until cool to the touch to ensure it is extinguished. If you see a wildfire, report it immediately by calling 310-FIRE. The fire advisory will remain in effect until conditions improve.