2024 Board and Committee Vacancies
Submissions were accepted from County residents until October 6, 2023. Thank you to everyone who expressed interest and commitment to our community.
The selection of successful candidates will take place during the 2023 Organization Meeting scheduled on October 24, 2023. Those appointed will receive formal notifications following the meeting.
We encourage you to stay engaged with our Council activities, as all meetings are live streamed and recorded on our YouTube Channel (@ClearwaterCounty). Highlights from regular Council meetings can also be found on the Council Highlights webpage.
These committees, established by provincial legislation or Clearwater County bylaw, meet to fulfill legislative requirements or serve in an advisory role to Council.
- Agricultural Service Board (ASB)
- Broadband Committee
- Clearwater County Heritage Grant Advisory Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
These committees, established by municipal bylaws, meet to fulfill provincial legislative requirements related to land development and/or new use of land and serve in an advisory role to Council.
- Intermunicipal Development Committees
- Town of Rocky Mountain House - Clearwater IDP Committee
- Village of Caroline - Clearwater IDP Committee
- Wetaskiwin County - Clearwater IDP Committee
- Municipal Planning Commission (MPC)
- Subdivision and Development Appeal Board (SDAB)
- Land Use Bylaw (LUB) Rewrite Council Steering Committee
- Land Use Bylaw (LUB) Rewrite Public Advisory Committee (new as of Nov 1, 2023)
These committees, established by intermunicipal agreements, municipal bylaws and/or provincial legislation, meet to facilitate sharing of information between local municipaliteis and serve in an advisory role to Council or the governing body.
- Clearwater Regional Emergency Advisory Committee
- Intermunicipal Collaboration Committees:
- Municipal District of Bighorn - Clearwater County
- Village of Caroline - Clearwater County
- Lacombe County - Clearwater County
- Summer Village of Burnstick Lake - Clearwater County
- Mountain View County - Clearwater County
- Ponoka County - Clearwater County
- Red Deer County - Clearwater County
- Town of Rocky Mountain House - Clearwater County
- Yellowhead County - Clearwater County
- Intermunicipal Cooperation (Collaboration) Committee - Town of Rocky Mountain House, Village of Caroline and Clearwater County
- Library Boards
- Caroline Municipal Library Board
- Parkland Regional Library Board
- Rocky Mountain House Municipal Library Board
- Recreation Boards
- Caroline and District Recreation and Agricultural Society
- David Thompson Recreation Board
- North Saskatchewan Recreation Board
- Raven Recreation Board
- Rocky and District Recreation, Parks and Community Services Board
- Rocky Mountain House (CYRM) Airport Commission
- Rocky Senior Housing Council
These committees, established by external stakeholders and/or intermunicipal agreements, meet to facilitate community services and programs and/or specific public functions. Councillor participation supports Council's public participation strategy and Clearwater County's Agriculture and Community Services department.
- Central Alberta Economic Partnership (CAEP)
- Clearwater Regional Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Board
- Community Futures - Central Alberta
- Nordegg Community Association
- RCMP Advisory Committees
- Rimbey RCMP Community Advisory Committee
- Sundre RCMP Community Advisory Committee
- School Resource Officer (SRO) Committee
- Rocky Community Learning Council (RCLC) Board of Directors
- Rocky Mountain House/Clearwater County Health Professionals Engagement Team
- Rocky Mountain House Museum Operations Board
These committees, established by external stakeholders, meet to facilitate communication and foster relationships.
- Sundre Forest Products Public Involvement Round Table (SPIRT)
- Sundre Petroleum Operators Group (SPOG) Board of Directors
- West Central Stakeholder Group
These committees, established by external stakeholders, meet to promote and foster environmental stewardship.
- Bighorn Back Country Standing Committee and the Clearwater Forest Recreational Trail Initiative
- North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance Board of Directors and the Headwaters Partnership Steering Committee
- Central Alberta Mayors & Reeves Committee
- Central District 2 Rural Municipalities of Alberta (CRMA) Board of Directors
- Clearwater Community Police Advisory Committee (CCPAC)