Current Road Bans & Bridge Restrictions
Heavy Haul Travel Restriction
As a condition of Clearwater County’s Road Use Permit, heavy hauls must be travelling on dry or frozen track only.
Due to the rising daytime temperatures, heavy haul travel on gravel roads must be restricted to between the hours of 10:00 pm -10:00 am.For more information on road restrictions, please contact Public Works Administration at 403-845-4444.
Road Bans will come into effect on 12:00 pm NOON, Wednesday, March 29, 2023.
Click here for Highway Order No. 01/23.
Last updated: March 23, 2023 at 6:00 pm
Road Ban Notification - June 3, 2022
Highway Order No. 02/22 will come into effect Friday, June 3, 2022 at 12:00pm
- Road bans will be applied as conditions warrant. Road bans are typically in effect from mid March- mid June, dependent on weather conditions.
- Road bans on municipal surfaced roads must be adhered to and percentage axle weight restrictions must be met by all industrial/commercial users.
- All heavy trucks utilizing gravel roads must operate on dry or frozen track only.
For more information on road restrictions, please contact Public Works Administration at 403-845-4444.
Please be advised that as of 12:01am, on December 5, 2022, Winter Season Weights came into effect. See our Road Weights Control policy under Documents below.
To receive a single trip permit contact:
- Government of Alberta - Alberta Transportation Online Service - TRAVIS MJ
- Government of Alberta - Alberta Transportation Central Permit Office 1-800-662-7138
- Roadata - 1-888-830-7623