Draft of the Economic Development Strategy
Clearwater County has completed a Draft Economic Development Strategy based on input from residents, business, and an investment readiness assessment. This document is available for public review, with a survey and open house being used to obtain additional input and feedback. The survey can be completed at this link, and the Open House will be held in early June.
Draft Economic Development Strategy - PDF File
In 2018, input was collected from an open house for business owners and managers, an online survey for business owners and managers, an online survey for County residents, and discussions with local realtors and a property appraiser. From those input sessions Four (4) Areas of Focus have been identified and make up the Draft Economic Development Strategy 2019-2021.
- Foster a Culture of Growth
- Prepare for Business Growth
- Prepare for People Growth
- Promote Opportunities
The summaries of each community input session are linked below.
Economic Development / Investment Tool Kit
- Review the Business Climate
- Discover Industry Trends
- Research Customer Demographics
- Analysis your Competition
- Uncover Local Opportunities
- Identify Land Uses
- Examine the Environment
- Evaluate the Workforce
- Identify Community Facilities
- Identify Transportation
- Locate Key Infrastructure
- Search Available Properties
- Find Additional Resources
(click on the link above to open in a new window)