Make a difference: serve on a board or committee
Serving on a board or committee is an excellent opportunity to share your skills, expertise and to give back to your community. The annual general public recruitment for boards and committees took place during the 2019 Organizational Meeting on Tuesday October 22, 2019.
Occasionally, if spots become available throughout the year, those vacancies are posted below.
- Rocky Mountain House Museum Operations Board - 1 member
- The Rocky Mountain House Museum invites applications for a public member at large to serve on its Operations Board for a one-year term. This board acts in an advisory capacity to the Rocky Mountain House Reunion Historical Society regarding the overall operation of the Museum building. For more information or to apply, please contact: Jean-Marie Mason, Museum Manager at 403-845-2332 or email@example.com
Application forms are available here
and may be submitted as follows:
Mail: Clearwater County, Box 550, Rocky Mountain House, Alberta T4T 1B4,
Attention: Tracy Haight
Frequently Asked Questions
What are Council committees?
Council committees make recommendations and give advice to Clearwater County Council. Some committees even act in a "quasi-judicial" role – they have the authority to make decisions and judgments for the County.
Council committees generally fall into two categories:
- Standing Council Committees: A permanent council committee
- Ad Hoc Committee: A short-term committee established to serve a specific purpose
How are members selected?
Applications are reviewed and presented to Clearwater County Council during the annual Organizational Meeting, where Council appoints the most qualified individuals. Clearwater County's Committees Bylaw provides additional information about the appointment process of public members to Boards and Committees.
What if I am not the successful applicant?
Clearwater County appreciates the interest of all applicants. Following the Organizational Meeting, Administration will notify applicants with respect to the status of their application. If you applied for a position but were not selected for an appointment, please note that all applicants received will be kept until the start of the next recruitment period and will be considered throughout the ensuing year if vacancies arise.
When are members selected?
For positions beginning November 1, 2019, online applications will be available in September 2019 and members will be selected during Council's Organizational meeting taking place during their regular Council meeting on Tuesday, October 22, 2019 at 9:00 a.m.
Who can apply?
In most cases, public members must be residents of Clearwater County unless otherwise stated in the board or committee's terms of reference. If you are interested in applying, please review the specific board or committee's mandate, eligibility requirements, and time commitment which can be viewed by selecting the board or committee from the list of Boards and Committees
page or contact the main office at 403-845-4444.
Clearwater County is looking for:
- Individuals with a desire to give back to the community;
- Individuals with specific expertise relevant to the qualifications a specific board or committee may be looking for; and,
- Individuals with time available to commit to membership.