In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Clearwater County temporarily activated its Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC) to centralize resource tracking and business continuity planning and to activities to date include:
- All non-essential public and staff events were cancelled until Stage Two of Alberta's Relaunch Strategy. View the events calendar for details.
- Clearwater County facilities were closed to open public access from March 18 - May 25, 2020, all essential County programs and services continued with open by appointment only signs posted on all County facilities. The public is still encouraged to continue utilizing alternative communication tools such as phone, email, website or social media.
- Council meetings remain scheduled and the public is invited to watch via live stream.
- Clearwater County offered a 90-Day Water & Sewer Payment Deferral with no interest penalty or service disruption, during the pandemic. This applies to Clearwater County services provided in the hamlets of Nordegg, Condor and Leslieville. Click here for more details.
Clearwater County will continue to follow direction of Alberta Health and Alberta Health Services (AHS), which is the authority of jurisdiction related to pandemic. The Province has a comprehensive COVID19 website and a variety of credible, easy to understand information for the public. Below is a summary of links residents might find helpful to learn more about the new virus and the steps you can take to keep yourself and your family healthy.
The provincial medical officers of health will be using this website for daily updates on the latest information.
This website provides an overview of the virus and the steps the Province is taking to protect Albertans.
Alberta's Relaunch Strategy
Resources for Individuals
Business Impact Survey
- All Clearwater County businesses and entrepreneurs are encouraged to participate in the COVID-19 Alberta Business Impact Survey to help gather consistent, high level data on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic to Alberta businesses, specifically to help identify immediate and emerging business needs and trends. This information is anonymous and will help Economic Development Officers working with municipalities across Alberta analyze the current impacts and prepare to assist with recovery.
Resources for Businesses & Employers
Regional Business Support Hotline During COVID-19:
- A Regional Business Support Hotline has launched in a partnership with Town of Carstairs, Clearwater County, Cremona, Town of Didsbury, Mountain View County and Town of Sundre. Businesses can call the Hotline at 403-556-3130 (Monday-Friday from 10-3pm) to speak to a live person from each municipality's respective economic development officer for information about available provincial and federal support programs. Provided to the communities at no cost by O-Net.
- Clearwater County - extension 6
Health & Safety Information for Employers & Employees:
Government Programs & Assistance:
Industry Partners Update and Information:
- To protect the health and safety of Albertans, law enforcement agencies have been granted full authority to enforce public health orders and issue fines.
Government Roles & Responsibilities