In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Clearwater County activated its Emergency Coordination Centre (ECC) on March 17, 2020 to centralize resource tracking and business continuity planning. The health and safety of our community is the County's top priority.
Measures taken by Clearwater County:
- All non-essential public and staff events are cancelled until further notice. Click here for the events calendar for details.
- Clearwater County facilities are closed to public access, all essential County programs and services continue and municipal staff are available by appointment only. The public is encouraged to use alternative communication tools such as phone, email, website or social media.
- Council meetings remain scheduled and the public is invited to watch via live stream.
- Clearwater County we will be offering a 90-Day Water & Sewer Payment Deferral with no interest penalty or service disruption. This applies to Clearwater County services provided in the hamlets of Nordegg, Condor and Leslieville. Click here for more details.
Clearwater County will continue to follow the direction of Alberta Health Services (AHS), which is the authority on this topic for municipalities. Our provincial medical organization has prepared a variety of credible, easy to understand information for the public. Below are links residents might find helpful to learn more about the new virus and the steps you can take to keep yourself and your family healthy.
The provincial medical officers of health will be using this website to keep health care professionals and community members updated on the latest information available.
This website provides an overview of the virus and the steps the Province is taking to protect Albertans.
Public concern over the Coronavirus provides an opportunity to remind everyone the steps we can take to protect ourselves from the Coronavirus are the same steps we should be taking every day to protect ourselves from much more common illnesses, such as colds and influenza.
Resources for Individuals
Resources for Agricultural Producers
Resources for Businesses & Employers
There are a number of resources available to help businesses and employers navigate through the COVID-19 outbreak.
Please fill out the COVID-19 Business Impact Survey
to help gather information on what business' priority needs and required resources are at this time. This information is anonymous and will help Economic Development Officers working with municipalities across Alberta analyze the current impacts and prepare to assist with recovery.
- Support for Businesses & Employers:
To protect the health and safety of Albertans, law enforcement agencies have been granted full authority to enforce public health orders and issue fines.